my records

For my record: February 1, 2015

i know that this church is true, I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God, who restored the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and with no doubt in my mind, i know that the words which are spoken inside are the words of God, that through our Prophets, both modern and ancient, we can continue on Gods path. I know that God lives, i know that Jesus Christ lives; that he died for me, for you and for all generations of beings who have and are coming to this earth, he sacrificed for my sins, my pains and my sorrows. he knows me, personally and by name. I know that if i use the atonement, he will take my burdens away, and i will be weightless. I have faith in the gospel, that if i do and follow Gods wills, and commandments, i will return to him one day. I was once scared of dying; but now, it's become an exciting thought. For when i die, i will be with my creator once more, that i will have a remembrance of just how personally and greatly i know him. i know that this is only a human experience, for i truly am not a human being, i am a spirit of my Heavenly Father, for i am borrowing this body so that i can become more like him. I know that each day, i must try and become more like Christ my savior, that i must try to be better in all areas, that i must love each person who i come upon just as Christ would, that i must serve and help just as Christ would. I know that prayer moves mountains, that our God is good. God is good, Christ is good. But our God is not an emergency God, we must be with him, and in contact with him at all times, and in all places. I know that here on Earth our duty is to become one with our God, and our redeemer. that partaking of the sacrament is to become one in with our savior, to personally have him with me, and within me, to help me and to protect me against all evil. I know that the temple is the house of the Lord. that it is a place to feel the spirit in overwhelming amounts. i know that family is the answer to everything. that i was blessed with a family who loves me, and always will no matter what. I know that i have been given more blessings than i have or will ever be able to count or repay for. I have been beyond blessed, and for that, i will always owe it to my father in Heaven. i've learned faith. not just the definition, but the actual feeling of having faith. i have come to know, and to have a faith so strong that it is immovable. the faith that i've come to have is no longer faith, it is a pure and 100% knowledge, that if i do everything in my will and my power to keep my father in heaven, and my savior at the top of my life, in my daily living, everything will be taken care of. i have come to have a faith that if i pray, if i want something bad enough, if i work hard enough for something that is worthy enough for me to have, it will either come, or something even better will come around. I've come to realize that i am a daughter of a king, of a God that loves me beyond what i could or can ever comprehend. Isn't that crazy? that somebody i can only "have faith in" loves me more than i've ever felt, or more than i love my family? how is that possible? it's only possible because of Jesus Christ. a Christ like love, it's the only way that such a love exists. I've come to know that i should not fear, i should always strive not to sin; but if i do, i shall not fear because our God is merciful. he will always help me, he will not be harsh, or demanding. he will forgive me, and help me strive to do and be better. he is merciful because of his love for us. he cannot help but be graceful and have mercy because we mean so much to him. I am a beautiful woman, because of God. I have a testimony because of God. I have EVERYTHING because of God. He is the father and the creator of all things. He created me, i lived with him once.



Comments

  1. Cheyenne,
    I came across your blog from reading my daughter's blog haileyjosephine@blogspot.com and surfing from there. Your testimony is beautiful! As I was reading it, the last 30 years of my life flashed through my mind. (That is roughly the distance between our ages.) When I was 21 I served a mission, returned home, married in temple, and had 3 kids. Since then my life has been filled with many ups and downs, twists and turns, and both incredible challenges AND blessings that I could never have anticipated.

    There have been times when I KNEW beyond a shadow of a doubt that God lives, and the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. But there have been other times when the demons of doubt, and depression have dragged me down to the depths of despair and caused me to feel helpless and hopeless beyond anything I could ever imagine. But through it all, God has always been unwavering. He is always there when I regain my strength and find my way back to him.

    You may never struggle through life. That is my hope for you. But IF you do, I want you to know that God is always there, and He will always be there for you when you turn towards Him. Life is not always easy and the refiners fire packs a LOT of heat. But without those trials, the heat would not be sufficient to cause the necessary changes.

    I want to thank you for this record of your beautiful testimony and I pray that you will always have the strength to ward off the trials of life as you continue to work as a tool in God's hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen this until just now. August 26, 2015. And lately, things have been hard. But this has helped me so much, by just finding it, and being able to read this. I really do thank you for taking the time to write this, and to leave this beautiful message for me, not even knowing me. You're so special, and i appreciate every word that you wrote. Thank you so much! xoxoxo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Please understand that what you see and experience now is not what forever will be. - Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Ultimate Charity